Friday, January 08, 2010

Juwan Howard is Alive, Well, Starting for the Portland Trailblazers and just dunked over Chris Kaman

This one's for Eric Montross.
I don't believe what my eyes just saw.

Earlier this year I was slightly surprised and somewhat happy to see that Juwan Howard is still ballin in the NBA. Howard is a link to one of my favorite teams as a wee coachie, Michigan's Fab Five. Me and half the country.

Injuries to Greg "Alas, Once-Mighty Thor, You Have Failed Me, Your All-Knowing Father," Oden and Joel "Thrilla in" Przybilla have forced Howard into the starting role. Maybe. Fuck if I know the ins and outs of the Blaze roster, maybe this was the plan all along.

Which brings me to last Monday night's game, a mildly entertaining tilt between the Rip City Blaze and the Paper Clips fromt the Office Supplies Center (thanks Peter Vescey!) got a jolt of Juwan late in the first half when Howard reached back through the decades to fucking throw it down over Chris "It's Not O-" Kaman. Seriously, please beleee me, see for yourself.

No comments: